Are you finding the information and resources you need?
I had a hard time finding resources that I could use to create podcasts and a WebQuest where my students could access the work at school. It has been difficult to stay motivated with completing something great for the students when work is continually filtered out. I decided to focus on just the WebQuest for now and put podcasting on hold for this project. Mainly because podcasting was not going to be necessary for the task I created for my students, and also because applications are limited at school. I decided to use my school webpage to create my WebQuest. Using my school webpage will easily allow my Sophomore students to find the information I want them to have, but it is different to navigate from a typical WebQuest.
Do you need to modify your action plan?
After class discussions while reading the novel, I decided to change the direction of my task so that instead of focusing on just one area of the novel, Tom Robison’s trail, my students will have options for their final projects. I also adapted some of the visuals to include technology sources and have included an online tool for one of the essay choices.
What have you learned so far?
I have learned that sometimes you cannot always complete a project in the exact way that you imagine it, but you can adapt and still make it work.
What new questions have arisen?
Do you think that my WebQuest can be easily navigated? (see link below)
Will my students think that this assignment is more interesting because they are experiencing it via the web?
Colleagues:
Please check out my WebQuest so far and provide any feedback. Keep in mind it is not complete yet.
https://shs-dps-la.schoolloop.com/tokillamockingbird?no_controls=t
Ellen,
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you have learned so far with your GAME plan. It is very true that things you think will be one way will or can turn out another way. I believe that is because of the evolving world of technology we are in. I also took a few minutes to explore through your WebQuest. I found it very user friendly and inviting. I think your students will love this opportunity. Keep up the good work!!
Caryn Letts
I have found that my students are better able to complete a web quest when the website is devoted to the topic. When I was exploring your site I found myself clicking on other great information and losing focus on the actual assignment. You may just want to provide a link on your home page to a outside site where your web quest could be housed.
ReplyDeleteEllen,
ReplyDeleteI have never created a webquest for students, so when I looked at your site, I was not quite sure what I was seeing or how to navigate. I will say, however, that after clicking links, I found myself arriving at unexpected places, like your school's home page for instance.
If your students are familiar with this format and have experience with webquest, I'm sure your set-up will be fine. If not, I wanted to provide you with honest feedback in order to avoid complications that migtht arise when you are in the midst of working with your students on this project.
Have a good day,
Mary