For my GAME Plan I will be creating a WebQuest with integrated podcasts for Sophomore students reading To Kill a Mockingbird(Lee, 1960).
Resources Needed:
-Copies of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee for each student
-Computers for students to access WebQuests
-Audacity software for creating Podcasts
-Headphones with Microphones for creating podcasts
-Collaboration from Co-English Teacher
-Content Materials and Activities
Steps Taken at this Point:
-I have located software to record various podcasts (Audacity); however, I am talking to tech personnel in my district to see if there are other options that would not be blocked at school so students could make podcasts as well. I may switch to video broadcasting so that students can create those at school and I can play them on my school webpage.
-I have gathered content that I want to include in my WebQuest and have scripted what I want to say in Podcasts
-I have written the introduction for my WebQuest.
Additional Steps to Continue Forward:
-I need to find web links with specific content related to the WebQuest
-I have to create rubrics to go with the culminating assessment
-I will be making an outline with what needs to be in each section of the WebQuest
Questions:
-Has anyone used other software besides Audacity to create WebQuests?
-Does GarageBand work with PCs?
-Any suggestions for creating podcasts from the teacher standpoint or student standpoint will be helpful
Ellen-
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have the right resources in order and a well thought out plan. I haven't tackled podcast with my students yet, but that is something I would like to try in the future. With GarageBand, I am not 100% sure if it works on PCs. I am thinking it might work on the new versions, but then again, not sure. I have heard many mixed comments with teachers and students using GarageBand. Good luck with working with podcasts in your classroom.
Caryn Letts
Hi Ellen,
ReplyDeleteI’ll be curious to see what you come up with for your webquest since I often teach TKM as well. The webquests that I’ve seen have not been as interactive as what it sounds like you are getting ready to tackle. Are you just planning on making the directions into podcasts or do you have something else in mind? What do you see your students doing with the podcasts they create? I am also curious which online resources you’ll be using for the search.
My next questions have to do with the podcasts themselves. First, does your school district have any limitation regarding student podcasts or broadcasts? Do you have to have them or their parents sign waivers? Do you worry about what they might say when published? I wonder if you have any good way of managing content while giving them as much creative freedom as possible.
I’m interested to see where you go with this….
Lindsay
Ellen,
ReplyDeleteI am curious myself about using podcasts or a voice thread so that students can use this medium to comment on the other student projects and to receive criticism from me to help them get closer to achieving the learning goal that is set before them. It is helpful to see some resources that I can use for technology integration in my class. Thanks.
Jeremy