My mission is to create a classroom of lifelong learners that feel comfortable expressing themselves in the ever-changing world. I will maintain an open-door policy, provide guidance, and always listen when they seek advice.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reflection

The GAME plan that I put into action at the beginning of this course was a progress-monitor system in which I could learn a new technology, creating a WebQuest, and assess my own project. The GAME plan is a simple way to outline a plan for implementing new technology into the classroom. Not only did the GAME plan drive me forward to complete the learning of a WebQuest, it reminded me how important it is to continue learning about new technology.

I feel confident that I can now create and implement the use of WebQuests in my room. Although there were difficulties with Internet access at the schools, and my initial plan included too many different ideas that I had to separate and focus on one at a time. My students felt more engaged in their learning when they were able to work through a WebQuest on their own. They enjoyed the freedom, and experience of using technology to complete a project that might otherwise appear boring.

I will be having the students in my classroom implement their own GAME plans to learn about new technologies to share with the class. I am also going to make it a personal goal to try to implement a new GAME plan each month so I can keep current with technology and integrating them into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment